(1) Applicants fill in the attached application forms and submit them to the SDIM Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax +86-10-8217-8104. Application deadline is 4 April, 2014.
(2) The selection group will routinely examine the applications and notify the applicants of the decisions before 20 April, 2014. Invitations will be sent to the selected applicants for visa formalities at the same time.
VI. Financial Assistance
Those applicants who have been selected will be provided round-trip international airfares between their home countries and Beijing (economy class), and the local expenses such as board and lodging, field tour, local transportation, etc. during the Workshop.
The language of the Workshop is English. Knowing or speaking some Chinese will be an advantage.
- Introduction of Space Technology for Disaster Mitigation and Disaster Risk Situation in Developing Countries
- Spatial Data Receiving and Processing
- Theory and Practice of Remote Sensing
- Data Management of Space Technology for Disaster Mitigation
- Disaster Risk Management Processes
- Assessment of Disasters Risk
- Application of Prevention and Mitigation Strategies
- Principles and Concepts of Recovery and Reconstruction
The lecturers will be composed of well-known experts on space technology for disaster mitigation from China and the world.
X. Workshop Awards
- All workshop participants will receive a one-year membership to the International Society for Digital Earth.
- We will track the performance of participants and ensure that the training is accomplishing its goals. The best workshop participants will be provided travel grants for attending or presenting research at future seminars or conferences to be organized by SDIM.